شكراً لإهتمامكم بالعمل مع الصندوق العربي لحقوق الإنسان. يشكّل العمل مع الصندوق، فرصة هامة لدعم تحقيق حقوق الإنسان لكافة الشعوب في المنطقة العربية. برجاء مراجعة موقعنا الإلكتروني من وقت لآخر للإطلاع على فرص العمل الجديدة.
فرص العمل الحالية
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT for Finance Officer (Part time position)
The Arab Human Rights Fund (AHRF) is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization that supports human rights organizations in the Arab region. The Fund also works to cultivate domestic funding for human rights and promotes the concept of social justice philanthropy within the Arab region. Governed by a diverse Board of Directors composed of respected members from the region’s human rights, philanthropic and civil society communities, the Fund is independent of any governmental, political, religious or other interests and is committed to operating with transparency and accountability.
Established in 2008, the Fund has supported human rights work in 20 Arab countries and is now poised to expand its efforts in response to the unprecedented opportunities to advance human rights inside the region. A career with the Fund is a unique opportunity to support the realization of human rights for all peoples in the Arab region. For more information about the Fund, visit www.ahrfund.org.
The Fund seeks a Finance Officer to join its small and dynamic team at the Fund’s office in Beirut. The Finance Officer will assist the Executive Director in ensuring proper financial management of the Fund’s grantmaking, fundraising and operational finances, in addition to providing technical support in finances to civil society organizations operating in the Arab region.
Finance & Accounting
- Oversee electronic and paper filing system for all financial documents
- Control recording of all accounting transactions into accounting software
- Review all prepared checks, transfers and payments
- Distribute and allocate the expenses by projects/donors
- Review banks and suppliers monthly reconciliations
- Produce quarterly projections of expenditures and related transfer requests
- Oversee handling of petty cash
- Work with external auditor to conduct annual audit and projects’ Audit
- Prepare payroll and follow up on NSSF and MOF declarations
- Prepare all the necessary declarations for the Lebanese government.
Budgeting and reporting
- Prepare and update annual and two-year budgets in coordination with Executive Director
- Produce regular financial statements (e.g. income statements, balance sheets), and draft monthly and quarterly financial reports to the Executive Director
- Prepare budget proposals and financial reports for donors and funders, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Develop a yearly fundraising revenue budget and a fundraising operational plan to achieve that budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
Grantmaking (In coordination with the Grants Program Team)
- Provide budgeting and financial guidance to applicants during application process
- Evaluate application budgets with the grant making team
- Transfer funds to approved grantees
- Review grantees’ interim and final financial report
- Conduct field visits to grantees to provide guidance, technical support, and assessment as needed
- Assist in developing/updating new financial tools.
- A minimum of four years’ work experience in finance and accounting
- Relevant academic background or equivalent years of experience
- Visual Dolphin software experience an asset
- IT literacy (MS Office)
- Organized, diligent, hard‐working
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a high‐pressure environment
- Civil society experience an asset
- Human rights experience an asset
- Native Arabic and excellent English skills (speaking, reading, writing); French a bonus.
- A cover letter describing your human rights, civil society, and/or grantmaking experience in the Arab region, and what you would bring to the Fund
- A CV
- Your salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references.
The Fund regrets that it is unable to accept incomplete applications.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Finance Officer” in the subject heading.
Deadline: April 20, 2017.
Target starting date: As soon as possible